Surrounded by pretty flowers and the most wonderful boy today :>
April Intentions Day 19 - Lizard Pose
This is an amazing hip opener. I love to spend extra time here and just bask in the opening. Here’s how I get into lizard pose (first photo):
- From Downdog, inhale your left leg up. Exhale your leg forward and step it to the outside of your left hand. Try to keep your left knee at a 90 degree angle. Your foot can be ahead of the knee, but please do not let your knee go past your foot.
- Let your hips sink down, but keep scissoring your inner thighs together so your hips are even and balanced. Extend your heart forward so you can feel a sense of opening in your upper body, rather than letting your back round.
- If you feel comfortable here, you can lower down to your forearms. If the feeling is more intense than you are comfortable with, try lowering your right knee to the mat. Breathe deeply and enjoy the opening!
Here are some variations you can try if you like:
- Second photo: A thigh stretch. From lizard, bend your right knee and reach back for your foot with your left hand. Pull your foot in towards your glute.
- Third photo: A twist and upper body opener. Bend your right knee and reach back for your foot like the previous variation. Instead of pulling your foot in, press your foot into your hand with the thought of pulling your arm towards the back of your mat.
- Fourth photo: A bind, this is a great strengthening pose. Snuggle your left shoulder under your left knee. If this is comfortable, reach your left arm behind your back and clasp your right hand. Bring the top of your head to the ground.
- Fifth photo: I consider this to be the cherry on top. It’s pretty intense but I think it feels amazing at the same time. From lizard, walk your fingers forward as far as they can go. Then press your hands and crown of your head down onto the ground.
Today’s intention is to take it easy… And this time I mean it. Yesterday I went to hot yoga when I really should have been at home resting.
Omg you're so pretty :') inside an out >.<
Thank you for your kind words love! :>
Where are you from??
I’m from singapore! :>
Wow i think it has been ages since I’ve posted a selfie :>
Heading to a flower show and I think my top is pretty apt for the day :>
I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend ahead! xx
I can't find any patterned yoga leggings on cotton on body ):
i believe they may discontinued the series >: because i wanted to get a few more but they’re no longer available!
Where did you get those mountain leggings?! I love them!!!!!
I got them from cotton on body :>